These terms are incorporated by reference into Vendio's User Agreement at and are subject to such User Agreement. Your use of any of Vendio's services is subject to the User Agreement in its entirety.
- What personally identifiable information of yours or third party personally identifiable information that is collected from you through the web site
- The organization collecting the information
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Vendio's control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
2. PasswordsYou may not disclose your password to any third party. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information. In addition, you may run the risk of another user accessing your password and using it to falsely represent your identity. If you have reason to believe that your password has been compromised for any reason, Vendio strongly recommends that you immediately change your password.
3. Information Collected
3.2. Information You Provide. To post messages on our message center or to use any of our other services we may require you to provide us with contact information, such as your name, street address, phone number, and email address. In the event that you are using a paid service we may collect your credit card number, expiration date, and billing information. We may also transmit your credit card to partners, such as universal registration partners, whom you specifically select to receive this information.
3.3. Information We Track. As you use our services, our servers or third party servers will automatically track certain information about you in log files. This information includes your IP address, the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, which browser you are using, and which operating system you are using. This is not unique to our websites as many existing sites automatically collect this information. These log files are not linked to your personal information. Vendio also records participation in our online communities, including messages submitted, contributions through wikis or buying guides, and reviews/ratings.
3.4. Merchants. Vendio hosts stores on vendio.com and powers stores hosted on other domains. These merchants use Vendio's technology and infrastructure to power the presentation and transaction processing of their stores. Vendio's use of information collected on these sites is covered by this privacy statement. Vendio shares with these merchants certain personally identifiable information necessary for their processing of transactions. Each merchant's use of this personally identifiable information is subject to its own privacy practices.
4. Disclosure of Information.
4.1. Listing Services. To utilize our auction listing services, or to attach images to an auction, we may request your user name and password for the auction site(s) that you are using. This information is forwarded directly to the auction site for processing. It is not processed or stored by Vendio.
4.2. Referrals. Users who refer other users under our referral program may view usage data in the aggregate for their referrals.
4.3. Demographic Information. We aggregate broad demographic and usage information on our user base, which we disclose to our current and prospective advertisers. In addition, this aggregated data is used internally for promotional purposes. We use the information about the interests our users to increase the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional efforts and to customize our site's content and layout. We believe these uses allow us to create a personalized product that better satisfies our users' needs. We may also use information about you to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banners.
4.5. Compelled Disclosure. Unfortunately, we cannot ensure the absolute privacy of any personally identifiable user information. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to government and/or law enforcement agencies or third parties under certain circumstances. Vendio cooperates with all law enforcement inquiries and reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from your use of the services or features on the Vendio website. In addition, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we make it a practice not to disclose any personally identifiable information to any third party, we do not promise that your personally identifiable information or private communications will remain private.
5. Use of Information
5.1. Log Files. Log files recording the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, which browser you are using, and which operating system you are using are used solely for administrative purposes and are not linked to any personally identifiable information.
5.4. Online Surveys. Our online surveys at times ask visitors for contact information such as their email address. We use contact data from our surveys to send the user information about our company. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; please see the Your Ability to Opt-Out section below.
5.6. Service Providers. We use service providers to help us perform some of the services on our site. For example, we use a third party service provider to analyze emails to identify spam or security issues for our Customer Manager service. When we need to disclose our users' personal information to these vendors, we require that they use the information only for the functions we have asked them to perform in accordance with their privacy policies.
5.7. Contests. We run contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information such as their email address, full name, and street address. We use contact data from our contests to contact our winners and to send users information about our company. Users may opt-out of receiving promotional future mailings; please see the Your Ability to Opt-Out section below. Partners who are affiliated with contests may have access to aggregated user data.
5.8. External Service Providers. This site contains links to many other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. Since Vendio does not control the privacy policies of third parties, such as but not limited to other online auction sites, you are subject to the privacy customs and policies of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions and review their stated privacy policies before you disclose your personal information to others.
6. Editing Personally Identifiable Information.You may at any time review and change your personally identifiable information at Vendio. This information includes but is not limited to your email address, street address, city, state, zip code, country, daytime phone number, password, or credit card number and expiration date. To change this information, the user must log on and click the "preferences" link on the bottom of the Vendio pages.
7. Online Communities
7.1. Personal Information. This site makes message boards, wikis, reviews/ratings and user networks available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in any of these public areas. If you participate in the online communities provided by Vendio (for example, our message boards, wikis, product buying guides, reviews/ratings, etc.), your username will be posted along with your contributions. Users are also given the opportunity to create a profile that may be viewed by other users. Users are given the option when entering this information to make it viewable by other users or request that it remain private. If the user chooses to opt-in to this option of disclosing their information to third parties or other users, then the user may receive promotional items. You may later elect to opt-out in accordance with the "Opting-Out" section.
7.2. Other Users Information. In the course of using the services at Vendio you may be exposed to personally identifiable information of other users. Under no circumstances may you disclose personally identifiable information about another user to any third party without the consent of Vendio and the consent of such other user. Vendio does not tolerate spam, and we reserve the right to suspend the registration of any user who sends unsolicited email to our other users.
7.3. Spam. If you choose to opt-in to allowing other users to view your email address when registering, you should use discretion. While we do not tolerate spam, we are not in a position to control the practices of all of our other visitors. If you believe that you have received unsolicited email from an Vendio user, please notify us .
8. SecurityVendio uses industry standard efforts such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. However, even the most robust security systems are not foolproof and users should consider this when revealing any personally identifiable information to any party over any form of media.
9. Opting OutOur site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor. However, if a user decides at any time not to receive future communications, the user may remove their information from our database by sending an email.
10. Contacting our Web SiteIf you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the privacy practices of Vendio, you can contact the company by sending an email. For general inquiries relating to any Vendio website, users may send an email
You can also contact us at:
11. Notification of Changes.If we are going to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a notice on our announcements page notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.